1. The “Unlock & Load” promotional marketing campaign (also referred to as the “Service”) is a loyalty Service available exclusively to Vodacom’s subscribers (the “Users”) that offers general knowledge trivia questions in the free part (Play for Free), along with a premium leg offering a web portal with interactive gameplay along with SMS premium trivia questions. In the process users are also prompted to join various premium Vodacom subscription-based services.
2. To promote the Service, Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running a Competition (the “Competition”) where :
3. With the respect to the Prizes in clause 2(a) and (b) Vodacom shall, at all times and in its sole discretion, have the right to decide whether the Prizes should be in cash or goods to the monetary value of R500 000, R15 000 respectively.
4. Vodacom will also introduce a ‘Play-for-Free’ trivia game over SMS, during which Subscribers will be prompted to join the Unlock & Load Premium leg and/or other services, in the ‘Play-for-Free’ trivia game to win points furring the period of the Competition.
5. All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
6. The Competition shall run from 00h01 on the 05/03/2021 (the “Start Date”) to 23h59 on the 02/07/2021 (the “End Date”) (“term of the Competition”).
7. Vodacom reserves the right to extend, suspend or curtail the term of the Competition at its sole discretion at any time.
8. In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, participants are required to:
a) Join or be an existing Unlock & Load subscriber using the R3 a Day subscription service during the term of the Competition via your Vodacom bill either by:
i) dialing *132*1# USSD CTA or by sending the keyword “OK”/“YES” by SMS to 0820096186; or
ii) subscribing via the relevant web pages displaying the competition information and Prizes
b) Collect at least 100 points during the term of the Competition.
c) Be successfully charged for the Unlock & Load Service, at least once during the term of the Competition.
9. This Competition is open to participants above 18 years old. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent/guardian’s written consent at Vodacom’s request.
10. To subscribe for the Unlock & Load Service, Subscribers can send an SMS with the keyword “OK” or “YES” to 0820096186. The relevant keywords will be communicated to subscribers via SMS during the promotion period.
11. To unsubscribe/cancel from the Unlock & Load Service users can send a free SMS with the cancellation keyword STOP or CANCEL to the respective dedicated SMS long code 0820096186 or by dialing *135*997# and selecting option1. Subscribers who join the Unlock & Load service are considered Users of the Service until they cancel their subscription.
12. Subscribers will also be able to obtain more information on the Competition by sending the following keywords to the SMS long codes for each category for free;
13. Participants can enter multiple times. However, the chances of winning will remain subject to the points mechanics rules applying during the Competition period as stipulated in paragraph 8 of these terms and conditions.
14. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the Service subscription charge to join the Unlock & Load Service, as explained in clause 8 above.
15. In the event that we are unable to bill for the full subscription fee due and payable, we will implement micro-billing at our discretion. Micro-billing occurs when the user that is interested in the web portal offerings but does not have sufficient funds in the accounts (airtime balance) to complete that request. How this will work is as below:
A. When the user attempts to purchase the R3p/day subscription and their airtime balance is:
- Less than R3 but more than or equal to R2, the user will be charged R2
- Less than R2 but more than or equal to R1, the user will be charged R1
- Less than R1 but more than or equal to R0.75, the user will be charged R0.75
- Less than R0.75 but more than or equal to R0.50, the user will be charged R0.50
B. Users will be notified via SMS each time they are billed through micro-billing until the full amount is collected. If we are successful in billing an amount, in part of in full for the end of the day that billing record will stand as the completed billing record for that particular period. Billing for the next period will revert back to attempting to bill the full daily price as stated for the daily subscription. Billing does not occur in arrears.
C. In the event that you are a Vodacom prepaid or top-up subscriber, you acknowledge that you must have enough airtime available for payment of the subscription to keep it in an active state. You acknowledge that in the event that we are unable to bill any valid value for your subscription (in full or in part), we will continue to attempt to bill and may enable the subscription for a maximum period of 21 days after the last successful bill collected. Should we be unable to collect any funds for a period of 21 consecutive days, you will be automatically unsubscribed from the service.
16. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any Prizes, where applicable.
17. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilization.
18. The Competition is open to residents of South Africa that are Vodacom subscribers, excluding all employees, representatives and agents of Vodacom, their respective parents and/or affiliated companies, contest suppliers, and those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled.
Points Mechanism of the Service Competition:
19. The following points will be awarded to each participant for each valid entry in terms of paragraph 8 of these terms and conditions:
|Upon successful charge||100|
a) Points cannot be transferred from one Subscriber to another.
b) A participant will earn points during the term of the Competition every time a user is charged successfully on the Unlock & Load Service.
c) The number of points earned by each participant represents the number of entries that a participant holds in the random draw.
20. The winners will be selected by means of a random draw after the End Date as stipulated paragraph 6, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these terms and conditions. The draw will identify a winner and 10 runners up who will be entitled to become the winners in the event the first selected will not comply with all the eligibility criteria.
21. The Prize is not transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other competitions. Vodacom may refuse to award the Prize if the qualifying procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject /withhold any Prize for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
22. The claim for any Prize will be subject to security and validation. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any Prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winner must be able to identify her/himself in a manner determined by Vodacom as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and shall comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim the Prizes. Failing which, such a winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant. The winner will be contacted by Vodacom on the mobile phone number she/he used to participate in the Unlock & Load Service. Vodacom will attempt to contact the winner at least 3 times a day over a period of 1 week, between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Should a selected winner fail to claim the Prize, such a winner will forfeit or decline acceptance of the Prize. That person's right to the Prize will be deemed to have been waived and the Prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the Prize to the next selected participant.
23. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the Prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or these Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published in connection with the Competition and for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as a winner. The winner may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. All risks and ownership of the Prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom's obligations in regard to the Prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the delivery of the Prize at the time of contacting the winner.
26. Notwithstanding the fact the Prize vests on the recipient immediately upon the determination of the results if the Prize remains unclaimed/undeliverable after a week of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim despite having been advised that s/he has won the Prize, will be forfeited.
27. Participants are not allowed to use machines that automatically send SMS messages or automate/facilitate the answer process or any other alternative of sending SMS messages, other than the mobile phone (this prohibits the use of any GSM modems attached to a computer or mobile phones attached to a computer). Vodacom reserves the right to disqualify any participants under the suspicion of breaking this obligation.
28. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Service, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the Prize.
29. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents/service providers shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected qualifying purchases, including entries that were not successful due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
30. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this promotion are not eligible to participate and win.
31. If the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/existing qualifying contract, then the Prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/existing qualifying contract.
32. Only participants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Prize. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
33. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating in the Summer Campaign.
34. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
35. This Competition is organized in partnership with Upstream Systems (Pty) Ltd (the “Vodacom appointed service provider”).
36. Vodacom will share the following personal details of the winner: name, contact number, physical address, bank details (to the extent required in each case) with its appointed service provider(s) assisting with the Competition to be able to organize, manage and deliver Prizes for this Competition, and a Vodacom approved third party agency, who will notify the winner that he / she has won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect Prize fulfilment. Vodacom’s service provider for this competition may need to transfer the information cross-border to Greece in order to enable the Competition.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect and without notice. In such an event, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, affiliates, contractors and/or sponsors.